How did you find out?

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum How did you find out?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Irene

I’d be really interested to hear stories about how people found Misophonia. It was quite a twisted road for me and I know most of us lived with Misophonia for years before having a name for it. So I’d really like to know about the day you found Misophonia and the road that led you there. I think there’s a lot of interesting stories out there.

Looking forward to hearing some,
      Irene

#7569 Reply
      Jan

My daughter had been aware of my sensitivity to sound for some time, but of course it has been getting progressively worse. When we would be in the car, I could only tolerate the radio to be barely audible, and even off if certain music or commercials were on. She knew that a lot of other sounds really bothered me, as well.
        She was studying Psychology at the time and said she thought I might have “Hyperacusis”. I didn’t think much about it at the time, but of course, it has been getting worse. There are shops I need to go to now that about send me running and screaming out of the door. It’s all I can do to make myself go in, and try to remain calm and composed enough to get what I need and get the heck out. I have even ordered ear plugs to try and manage it. (Haven’t received them yet)
        Then I started looking up “Hyperacusis” online a few days ago to see what it was and how I might deal with it. That led me to “Misophonia” and to a lesser degree, “Misokinesia”. Oh, my gosh! Not only is there a name for it, but there are other people with it, as well!
        It’s not a cure, it’s not a way to deal with it yet, but it’s a start and it’s a relief!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      Reply To: How did you find out?
      Your information: