Reply To: Misophonia destroying relationship with parents

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum Misophonia destroying relationship with parents Reply To: Misophonia destroying relationship with parents

Kate

So i just discovered this website like an hour ago and i’m blown away. for the past 7 years i’ve been feeling trapped and like i was crazy for hating the sound of people eating. this exact scenario is what i live through each day with my parents. coping mechanisms and all. i wish i had advice but honestly i just want my voice to be heard. i empathize with you A LOT and i can constantly say i know where you’re coming from. my absolute least favorite thing is when i’m leaving the room cuz i’m having a panic attack and my mom starts saying to everyone in the room “ooohh boy there she goes again, making a scene having ‘having an attack’. she’s such a drama queen”. i even ran downstairs excited when i found this website and she still thinks i’m crazy. she keeps telling me to get over it. like i said, our stories parallel so much it’s shocking. more advice on this would be wonderful