Suggestions for ear wear please

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum Suggestions for ear wear please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yvette

Hi, I’ve been a member from almost the beginning but have never posted on here. I’ve just turned 66 and have had Misophonia since about the age of 8. I wear ear buds at night time (husband snores) for many years and wondered if someone could suggest something for my night time that is comfortable, and something I can use during the day which will block out noise.
      Thanks in advance 🙂

#1014933 Reply
      Brenda

I use Macks brand or drug store brand silicone ear plugs at home. I use them at home to block sometimes bass music in the neighborhood, my husband’s stopped up nose sound, his snoring (doesn’t always work with snoring) and his chewing noises. I do not know how he tolerates me. I wish I was more normal.
        Hopefully, the silicone type earplugs will help you.

#1015014 Reply
        Donald Simpkin

I’m not sure if this is a UK or USA website but:
          Home Bargains, a UK discount store, sell pink earplugs made from a wax-like substance and come in a small translucent plastic box. They are cheap and in my experience block out close to 100% of all noise. They are fairly comfortable to wear but they are a single-use product. If I try reusing them their effectiveness goes markedly down with each subsequent use.

It’s important to follow the instructions carefully to achieve all-night silence. My wife snore almost continuously and this is no longer a problem for me. I have misophonia as a side-effect from taking Cabergoline tablets for a non-functioning pituitary gland. I am not sure if the miso’ is caused by the meds or the disease itself. I hope you find a

#1015309 Reply
          Alice Blacksmith

I’ve personally tried a few types of earplugs myself – foam, silicone and moldable ones even, but none of them worked as well as the metal ones I’m currently using. It may sound scary at first, but I find that the metal body helps to condense the sound into a crisp so it kinda blocks out the irritating part of the noise but still retains the level that trigger my misophonia.

#1015677 Reply
            Sinead

I have bought misaphonic ear plugs which are the best. Very cheap and reliable. They dampen down sound they have little holes in them i totally believe that any other type of ear plugs tend to make you more sensitive to sound as i have tried these. I was born with misaphonia and have had it all my life. Going through the menopause makes it worse even on Hrt sound is heightened . I also have a partner who snores very badly. He has sleep apnea and has to sleep in another room but i can still hear him and it causes me a lot of anxiety. I s truly believe i am the most patient person i know but we are splitting up due to this as i cant take anymore as he wont get help in anyway. Its not my problem any more and i am very happy about this decision. Love to you all.

#1015678 Reply
              Sinead

I have bought misaphonic ear plugs which are the best. Very cheap and reliable. They dampen down sound they have little holes in them i totally believe that any other type of ear plugs tend to make you more sensitive to sound as i have tried these. I was born with misaphonia and have had it all my life. Going through the menopause makes it worse even on Hrt sound is heightened . I also have a partner who snores very badly. He has sleep apnea and has to sleep in another room but i can still hear him and it causes me a lot of anxiety. I s truly believe i am the most patient person i know but we are splitting up due to this as i cant take anymore as he wont get help in anyway. Its not my problem any more and i am very happy about this decision. Love to you all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              Reply To: Reply #1015014 in Suggestions for ear wear please
              Your information: