I am not sure if its misophonia

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum I am not sure if its misophonia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Assyl

Hello everyone,
      I have this since I was 4-5 y.o, maybe even early. I remeber complaining about that to my parents, that my head is hurting, it seemed like everything was turning around, and I cant stop that. I am not only afraid of chewing, I am afraid of all repetitive sounds and movements. All kind of music, all repetitive sounds like breathing and so on, or repetitive movements like light turning on and turning off, it all triggers me. I dont know if its misophonia, I havent found similar symptomes as mine. But the chewing thing doesnt affect me mostly, because I can stop that, I can tell that people to stop, and he/she stops. I am only afraid of uncontrollable things. For example, the earth never stops rotating, and i cant stop that. When I even dont see this thing, even I only imagine it, it really makes me anxious.
      I cant describe what I feel in the moment of attack, but its really horryfing feeling, in that moments i cover my ears and close my eyes, trying to not think about that. I remember once I tried to disable my eardrums with the needle, in severe cases i think about suicide. Please if anyone know something about that or have similar symtoms please tell me.

#1014110 Reply
      Chloe

Hi,
        I understand how you feel in some sense, recently (over the past year or so) I have noticed that every noise irritates me. My boyfriend, who I live with, just makes noises all the time. Whether it be him biting his nails, coughing, burping, typing on his keyboard, using his mouse. Basically any repetitive noise he makes I cannot stand. While writing this I have the duvet over my head trying to block out the noise of the hair dryer. I can’t leave the room because then he’ll think I’m avoiding him or being moody, I can’t talk to him about it because he won’t understand. I don’t know what to do to make it stop.

You sound like you definitely have misophonia, a severe case, I am definitely not an expert but you should go to the doctors, and explain everything, they may be able to prescribe anti anxiety medication. And maybe also get some counselling for someone to talk to if your family don’t understand and it’s affecting your mental health too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      Reply To: Reply #1014110 in I am not sure if its misophonia
      Your information: