General Background Noise?

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum General Background Noise?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hello there, I am new on here.
      I have many “single noises” which I can’t tolerate – including fridge noise, clocks ticking, chairs scraping, electric fan blowing, traffic. I don’t hate eating sounds as many of you seem to – though somebody eating an apple next to me on a train made me anxious a couple of years ago… THE huge one for me though is general background noise not mentioned much on here.

I now avoid chatting in groups of people (pubs, restaurants, home group gatherings) due to getting exhausted/overwhelmed and having to zone out. If I am trying to chat with one person right next to me, I can hear all the chat and noise of the room far louder than the person right next to me. As I say, igt is exhausting and overwhelming! Anybody else have this or any advice? I have had no treatment at all as yet as I have juts struggled along and made my life very much smaller and quieter, but I miss my friends and a social life and being out in the world more. Thanks for any advice.

#1010604 Reply
      Eric

Hey Andrew u are not alone. I had axactly the same problems like u. I can’t even talk properly or focus on someone if they talk to me. When they look at me and have a conversation, I started to feel overwhelming and my heartbeat fast even tho the annoying voices has not yet appear and I guess we are on another level that is like when you starting to eat or something else? The person who are Infront of u going to start pick up spoon or fork, my sudden weird reaction is already there and will start to panic/overwhelming and don’t even know what to do because I can know that exactly what will happen next after they pick up anything or making noise. It has been 2 years since this happened to me bro. I have run out of idea how to live my life like normal and all day everyday always struggle with that shit. I’m at age 19 now always stay in my room being alone myself but no matter what, I won’t give up to get my normal happy life back like my good old days. God bless you man and all of you who read this ❤️ Never Give Up and keep stay strong.

#1010623 Reply
        suzanne

I was on a flight yesterday. I despise and cringe every time I hear the flight attendant open a can of any carbonaed beverage while in the air. I also hate the sound of when they slam the overhead compartments shut. another sound i cannot tolerate is clinking spoon in a bown when someone eats, and in movies someone’s ice in their soda making noise and the rustling into the popcorn bucket in between previews. loud sneezes as well. i have to leave the room when one stirs yogurt in the container scraping every last drop out of container.

#1010756 Reply
          Luthien

I also feel the way you describe, I cannot filter conversation in places with background noise. To make matters worse , I am deaf on one ear :p
            Also, ANY long-lasting background noise wears me out and makes me feel like I have been doing something mentally exhausting.

I just washed some clothes, and two hours of hearing the washing machine (thin walls….) is downright painful

Oh, Hi hy the way. : D

#1012167 Reply
            Melissa

Suzanne, I can relate to what you are saying, especially the scraping of the yogurt container!That is just too much for me and I too have to leave a room! The office environment is the worst for this..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            Reply To: Reply #1012167 in General Background Noise?
            Your information: