Reply To: I am not sure if its misophonia

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum I am not sure if its misophonia Reply To: I am not sure if its misophonia

Chloe

Hi,
    I understand how you feel in some sense, recently (over the past year or so) I have noticed that every noise irritates me. My boyfriend, who I live with, just makes noises all the time. Whether it be him biting his nails, coughing, burping, typing on his keyboard, using his mouse. Basically any repetitive noise he makes I cannot stand. While writing this I have the duvet over my head trying to block out the noise of the hair dryer. I can’t leave the room because then he’ll think I’m avoiding him or being moody, I can’t talk to him about it because he won’t understand. I don’t know what to do to make it stop.

You sound like you definitely have misophonia, a severe case, I am definitely not an expert but you should go to the doctors, and explain everything, they may be able to prescribe anti anxiety medication. And maybe also get some counselling for someone to talk to if your family don’t understand and it’s affecting your mental health too.