Reply To: My misophonia is getting worse as I get older

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum My misophonia is getting worse as I get older Reply To: My misophonia is getting worse as I get older

Nora

Hi! My case of misophonia has also gotten worse with time and age. I’m also ashamed to talk to my family about it. They know and try to help but helping them understand more is beyond difficult. Sometimes I think they finally get it and the next day my dad says something ignorant that really hurts me. Then they get so angry at me for not talking to them about it and communicating but the truth is whenever I do they just don’t understand. I feel like I can’t do anything right. In order to not get triggered, I wear my headphones at every family gathering, but then they get super upset at me if I can’t hear (I have to turn the volume up super loud to relive myself). Then if I don’t wear them so I can hear, I get triggered and lash out and they get angry at me for that. I cannot do anything right. Hearing your stories is painful but we share this pain. I have never met or known of another person with this issue, so hearing that others struggle too takes some of the load off.