Home Page › Forums › Misophonia Forum › What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS] › Reply To: What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS]
My trigger noises:
1. Dog smacking mouth and licking lips or any part of his body.
2. Gum chewing and gum popping.
3. Food chewing noises, even my own. I especially hate the sound of someone biting into or munching on an apple.
4. Pen clicking.
5. Snapping noises.
6. Watch ticking.
7. Kids screaming.
8. Fingernail and toenail clipping.
9. Loud sneezing.
10. Gulping or swallowing sounds.
I have to wear earplugs to bed a lot of nights because of my dog smacking his mouth. If I hear food chewing noises, I have to leave the room. Once I hear the ticking of a watch or clock, the noise amplifies and makes me feel like I am losing my mind. I hate people clicking their pens or any noise that snaps, clicks or pops repetitively.