Reply To: What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS]

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS] Reply To: What Are Your Misophonia Trigger Sounds? [CONTAINS TRIGGERS]

Joy

Hi, Thank you for letting me have a safe place to talk about my sound sensitivity issues. One of my biggest triggers is bass coming from car stereos. There is no music to speak of its just boom boom boom that low IQ people enjoy at the expense of the entire community. It seems to be a selling point for all new cars too. I end up so angry after just a few seconds of listening to this junk that I have to meditate internally before I can either walk away or ask as nice as possible for whomever to please lower the volume. Usually I have to extricate myself from the situation in order not to start a scene. Unfortunately for me it’s any loud unexpected noise, slamming of a door, car alarm, people screaming, babies crying, care engine revving, the list is to long to list. Some day’s I cannot leave home I am so sensitive. I have tried dozens of remedies with zero relief so far. I would listen to anyone’s tips for coping.
    Thank you,
    Joy