Reply To: trigger sound: crying/screaming babies and toddlers

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum trigger sound: crying/screaming babies and toddlers Reply To: trigger sound: crying/screaming babies and toddlers

Lilly2019

I’m totally with you both here. I hate shopping because of it & can’t bear to be around screaming kids. When I do go shopping I need headphones or I’d go into total meltdown. I live in a terrace & my neighbour has 3 screeching feral kids who bounce off the walls – my ornaments & pictures rattle. Her neighbour on the other side has already spoken to her but nothing has changed – luckily the other affected neighbour has kids so noisy neighbour can’t claim “oh they’re only KIDS” or “I bet you don’t have kids do you?” which is the standard response when parents won’t/can’t address the issue of excessive child noise. Even worse I have to do a lot of long haul flights (work) and always have “demon from hell” in my vicinity – which needs a lot of talking myself through it… airlines really should move kids to a separate section of the plane & install insulation as >50% of passengers (including parents) object to the squealing. Parenting in 21st century seems like such a “sacred cow” that nobody is allowed to have an opinion on child noise, still less dare mention the issue!!