Reply To: How to Tell a Loved One They’re Affecting You?

Home Page Forums Misophonia Forum How to Tell a Loved One They’re Affecting You? Reply To: How to Tell a Loved One They’re Affecting You?

Suzanne Wilkinson-McKay

I have just found this site after some extensive research into misophonia this afternoon. I have just spent the weekend with my mother in law and my husband kindly told her to stop knitting because it was driving me crazy. Then this morning, I was trying to have a conversation with her while she was eating toast and then an apple. I was nearly in tears. Thankfully my husband does understand and will warn me if he will be eating anything crunchy so I can put my headphones on. College can be a nightmare with people eating crisps or apples at break and don’t get me started on the tapping of someone typing on a keyboard. I also have misokinesia so it’s the mouth movement of someone chewing gum that can set me off. And, this is going to sound really stupid, but the way people hold their knives and forks can drive me to distraction. I have suffered with this for about 35 years and always thought it was just me. It’s only recently I have discovered I am not alone. Thank you ?